This section shows Publishing Options parameters for this Category, as shown below when tab is clicked:
The grayed out fields are for information only and may not be edited.
- Created Date. Date the item(Article, Category, Weblink, etc.) was created.
- Created by. Optional, choose from a popup window of users. Select User by clicking on the user's name. Defaults to user creating new category if left blank.
- Modified Date. (Informative only) Date of last modification.
- Modified By. (Informative only) Username who performed the last modification.
- Hits. Number of hits on a Category views.
- ID. The unique ID number automatically assigned to this item by Joomla!. This number cannot be changed.
- Meta Description. An optional paragraph to be used as the description of the page in the HTML output. This will generally display in the results of search engines. If entered, this creates an HTML meta element with a name attribute of "description" and a content attribute equal to the entered text.
- Meta Keywords. Optional entry for keywords. Must be entered separated by commas (for example, "cats, dogs, pets") and may be entered in upper or lower case. (For example, "CATS" will match "cats" or "Cats"). Keywords can be used in several ways:
- To help Search Engines and other systems classify the content of the Article.
- In combination with Banner tags, to display specific Banners based on the Article content. For example, say you have one Banner with an ad for dog products and another Banner for cat products. You can have your dog Banner display when a User is viewing a dog-related Article and your cat Banner display for a cat-related Article. To do this, you would:
- Add the keywords 'dog' and 'cat' to the appropriate Articles.
- Add the Tags 'dog' and 'cat' to the appropriate Banners in the Banner Manager New/Edit screen.
- Set the Banner module Parameter 'Search By Tags' to 'Yes in the Banner Module Edit screen.
- For articles only, in combination with the Related Articles module, to display Articles that share at least one keyword in common. For example, if the current Article displayed has the keywords "cats, dogs, monkeys", any other Articles with at least one of these keywords will show in the Related Articles module.
- Author. Optional entry for an Author name within the metadata. If entered, this creates an HTML meta element with the name attribute of "author" and the content attribute as entered here.
- Robots. The instructions for web "robots" that browse to this page.
- Use Global: Use the value set in the Component→Options for this component.
- Index, Follow: Index this page and follow the links on this page.
- No index, Follow: Do not index this page, but still follow the links on the page. For example, you might do this for a site map page where you want the links to be indexed but you don't want this page to show in search engines.
- Index, No follow: Index this page, but do not follow any links on the page. For example, you might want to do this for an events calendar, where you want the page to show in search engines but you do not want to index each event.
- No index, no follow: Do not index this page or follow any links on the page.