From Joomla! Documentation
Blog / Featured Layout Options
These options control the layout of the Category Blog and Featured Articles layouts.
- # Leading Articles. Number of Articles to show using the full width of the main display area. "0" means that no Articles will show when using the full width. If an Article has a "Read more..." break, only the part of the text before the break (the Intro text) will display.
- # Intro Articles. Determines the number of Articles to display after the leading Article. These Articles will display in the number of columns set in the Columns parameter below. If an Article has a "Read more..." break, only the text before the break (Intro text) will display, followed by a "Read more..." link. The order order in which to display the articles is determined by the Category Order and Article Order parameters below.
- # Columns. The number of columns to use in the Intro Text area. This is normally between 1 and 3 (depending on the template you are using). If 1 is used, the Into Text Articles will display using the full width of the display area, just like the Leading Articles.
- # Links. The number of Links to display in the 'Links' area of the page. These links allow a User to link to additional Articles, if there are more Articles than can fit on the first page of the Blog Layout.
- Multi Column Order. In multi-column blog layouts, whether to order articles Down the columns or Across the columns.
- Down: Order articles going down the first column and then over to the next column, for example:
article 1 1 (continued) article 2 article 4 article 3 article 5
- Across: Order articles going across the columns and then back to the first column, for example:
article 1 1 (continued) article 2 article 3 article 4 article 5
- Include Subcategories. (None/All/1-5). If None, only articles from the current category will show. If 1-5, all articles from the current category and subcategories up to and including that level will show. If All, all articles from the current category and all subcategories will show.