This is a multiple article series on how to develop of Model-View-Contoller Component for Joomla! Version . You can navigate the articles in this series by using the navigation box.
Read the Introduction or Start here. On any page you can use the links in the navigation box above.
You need Joomla! 2.5 (with PHP, MySQL, Apache and Microsoft II) or greater for this tutorial.
Joomla! 2.5 is constructed using three different applications:
- installation (used for installing Joomla)
- administrator (used for managing content)
- public (used for displaying content)
The installation application is used once. The administrator and public are used through the concept of components. Each component has two entry points:
- one is located in the components directory (it is used for displaying content)
- one is located in the administrator/components directory (it is used for managing content)
Both are called com_componentname/componentname.php (the com_ prefix is a historical trace)