How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Tracks from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel. You can also select the 'Tracks' menu link from the Banner Categories Manager, Banner Manager or the Banner Tracks Manager.
The Banner Tracks Manager is where you can edit existing Banner Tracks or create new ones. Banner tracking is the ability to track impressions (when a banner is displayed) and clicks (when a banner is clicked).
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Name. The name of the Track.
- Client. The name of the Banner Client. You may click on the name to open the Client for editing.
- Category. Banner category.
- Type. Type, impression (banner being rendered on page) or click (banner being clicked).
- Count. Number of times a type occurred.
- Date. Date of data.
Filter by Begin and End Date
In the upper right area, above the column headings, there are two text boxes as shown below:
Filter by Client, Category and Type
In the upper right area, above the column headings, there are three drop-down list boxes as shown below:
The selections may be combined. Only items matching all selections will display in the list.
- Select Client. Use the drop-down list box to select only banners configured for the selected client.
- Filter by Category. Lets you show only items assigned to a specific category. The list box will show the categories defined for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Category -: Show items assigned to any category.
- <your category>: Show items assigned only to this category.
- Filter by Language. Lets you show only items that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Language - or All: Show items for any language.
- <your language>: Show items only for this language.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Export. Export banner tracking information in a CSV file. Options to name the file and compress it after the button is clicked.
- Delete. Deletes the selected tracks. Works with one or multiple tracks selected.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters or permissions can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Click the Options button to open the Banner Manager Options window which lets you configure this component.
Buttons Common to All Tabs
- Save. Saves the banner options and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the banner options and closes the current screen.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
Client Options Tab
- Purchase Type. (Unlimited/Yearly/Monthly/Weekly/Daily) This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner
- Track Impressions. (Yes/No) Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is displayed.
- Track Clicks. (Yes/No) Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is clicked.
- Meta Keyword Prefix. When matching keywords (for matching Banners to Articles based on Keywords), only search for keywords with this prefix. This can improve performance.
This screen allows you to set the component permissions in Joomla. This is important to consider if you have sites with many different user categories all of whom need to have different accessibilities to the component. The screenshot below describes what you should see and the text below that describes what each permission level gives the user access to:
You work on one Group at a time by opening the slider for that group. You change the permissions in the Select New Settings drop-down list boxes. The options for each value are Inherited, Allowed, or Denied. The Calculated Setting column shows you the setting in effect. It is either Not Allowed (the default), Allowed, or Denied. Note that the Calculated Setting column is not updated until you press the Save button in the toolbar. To check that the settings are what you want, press the Save button and check the Calculated Settings column.
The default values used here are the ones set in the Global Configuration Permissions Tab
- Open the banners component option screens (the modal window these options are in)
- Access Administration Interface
- Open the banners component manger screens
- Create new banners in the component
- Delete existing banners in the component
- Edit existing banners in the component
- Edit State
- Change an banners state (Publish, Unpublish, Archive, and Trash) in the component.
There are two very important points to understand from this screen. The first is to see how the permissions can be inherited from the parent Group. The second is to see how you can control the default permissions by Group and by Action. This provides a lot of flexibility. For example, if you wanted Shop Suppliers to be able to have the ability to create an article about their product, you could just change their Create value to "Allowed". If you wanted to not allow members of Administrator group to delete objects or change their state, you would change their permissions in these columns to Inherited (or Denied). It is also important to understand that the ability to have child groups is completely optional. It allows you to save some time when setting up new groups. However, if you like, you can set up all groups to have Public as the parent and not inherit any permissions from a parent group.
At the top left, above the Filter, you will see the following four links: