Help25:Extensions Module Manager Breadcrumbs
How to Access
To 'add' a new Breadcrumbs module or 'edit' an existing Breadcrumbs module, navigate to the Module Manager:
- Select Extensions → Module Manager
Click the 'New' button and click on Breadcrumbs in the modal popup window.
To 'Edit' an existing Breadcrumbs module, in the Module Manager click on an Breadcrumbs Modules Title or click the Breadcrumbs modules check box and then click the Edit button in the Toolbar.
This Module shows a set of navigation links that illustrates where you are inside the web site and allows you to navigate back.
Details and Options
- Title. The title of the module. This is also the title displayed in the front end for the module depending on the Show Title Form Field
- Show Title. (Show/Hide) Choose whether to show or hide the modules title in the front end. The title will be the one in the Form Field above.
- Module Position. Choose the module position you wish this module to be displayed in. A custom module position can be entered for use with the load position plugin or the position button can be pressed to select a module position from the template.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Archived/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Access. The viewing level access for this item.
- Module Ordering. This shows a drop down of every module in the position that the current module is in. This is the order that the modules will display in when displayed on in the front end as well as in the Module Manager.
- Start Publishing. Date and time to start publishing. Use this field if you want to enter content ahead of time and then have it published automatically at a future time.
- Finish Publishing. Date and time to finish publishing. Use this field if you want to have content automatically changed to Unpublished state at a future time (for example, when it is no longer applicable).
- Language. Item language.
- Note. Item note. This is normally for the site administrator's use (for example, to document information about this item) and does not show in the front end of the site.
- Show "You Are Here" Whether or not to show the text "You are Here" before the Breadcrumb Path.
- Show Home. Whether or not to show the Home page in the Breadcrumbs path.
- Text for Home entry. The text to display for the Home page in the Breadcrumbs.
- Show Last. Shall the last element be shown.
- Text Serarator. The text to use to separate navigation elements. If blank, ">>" is used.
- Alternative Layout. If you have defined one or more alternative layouts for a module either in the template or Joomla! Core, you can select the layout to use for this module. See Layout Overrides in Joomla 2.5 for more information about alternative layouts.
- Module Class Suffix. Setting this parameter causes Joomla! to either add a new CSS class or modify the existing CSS class for the div element for this specific module. See here for more information
- Caching. (Use Global/No Caching) Choose whether you wish to cache the contents of the module.
- Cache Time. The time before a module is recached.
On the left there is a list of menu items. You can chose between None, All and Select Menu Item(s) from the List. To assign to some but not all pages choose the third option and select the menu links that you want the module associated with. See How do you assign a module to specific pages? for more information
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Front End Screenshot
Example Front End Site images are generic images using Joomla! core installation supplied free Front End Templates. The actual view can depend on the installed custom template used and the template's style for those views on a Joomla! website. Breadcrumbs module shown:
The Module Type name for this Module is "mod_breadcrumbs". It is not related to any other component.