Components Banners Tracks
From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to show tracking information for banners.
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Tracks
- Select the Tracks menu link from the Banners, Category or the Clients pages in the sidebar.
Used to view a list of existing Banner Tracking information.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Name. The name and categorie of the banner.
- Client. The Client for this Banner. Clients are entered using the Banner Client Manager.
- Type. The type of the track. This is an impression or a click.
- Count. Number of impressions or clicks.
- Date. Date and hour of the impression or click.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Order. Order items will be displayed in.
- Ascending Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
- To filter in title, enter part of the title and click Search.
- Click Clear to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- To enable more Filters, click on Search Tools
Filter by Category. Lets you show only items assigned to a specific category. The list box will show the categories defined for your site.
- - Select Category -: Show items assigned to any category.
- <your category>: Show items assigned only to this category.
Filter by Client. Lets you show only items that have a specific client assigned. The list box will show the clients defined for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Client - or All: Show items for any client.
- <client name>: Show items only for this client.
Filter by Type. Lets you show only items assigned to a specific type. The list box will show the types defined.
- - Select Type -: Show items assigned to any type.
- <your type>: Show items assigned only to this type.
Filter by Max Levels (Category Level). Lets you show only items whose category is at or above the specified level in the category hierarchy.
- - Select Max Levels -: Show all items regardless of level of their assigned category.
- 1: Only show items whose category is at the top level in the category hierarchy (in other words, with categories whose parent category is "- No Parent -".)
- 2-10: Only show items whose category is in the top 2-10 levels in the category hierarchy.
Begin and End date.
- Begin date. The startingdate of the tracks to list.
- End date. The enddate of the tracks to list.
Number of Items to Display
Below the list you'll find:
Page Controls: When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Export. Opens a window where you will be able export the Banner Tracks.
- Delete Tracks. Will delete the selected Banner Tracks.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
You must add at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before you can add a Banner.