Components Weblinks Categories/de
From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
The Web Links Category Manager allows you to manage categories that can be used to classify Web Links.
How to Access
Select Components → Weblinks → Categories from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel, or select the "Categories" link on the Web Links Manager screen.
The Web Links Category Manager is where you can edit existing Web Links Categories and create new ones. Note that Web Links Categories are separate from other Categories, such as Categories for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and Contacts. From this screen, you can also navigate to the Web Links Manager screen.
In the table containing Categories, these are the different columns as shown below.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Ordering: Up-Down Arrows User specified ordering, default is order of item creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.
- Checkbox: Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. Status of Category, Published or Unpublished are shown with icons as follows:
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this item.
- Language. Item language.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 drop down input fields, Sort Table by: (preset to Ordering ascending) and a number (preset to 20) to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Order. Order items will be displayed in.
- Ascending Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
Filter by Status, Access, Language, Tags and Max Levels
Under the Search Tools are 5 drop-down list boxes as shown below: The selections may be combined. Only items matching all selections will be displayed in the list.
- Select Status. Use the drop-down list box to select the published state: Published, Unpublished, Trashed, or All. For Articles, you may also select Archived. Important: With the default setting of -Select Status-, the screen only shows Published and Unpublished items. If you have the filter set to -Select Status- and you change items to Trashed, the Trashed items will disappear from the screen. However, they have not been permanently deleted. To do that you need to:
- Change the filter to Trashed. The Delete icon will now show in the toolbar.
- Select the items you want to permanently delete.
- Click on the Delete icon.
- You can see all items, regardless of their published state, by selecting All for this filter. You can also re-publish Trashed items by selecting them and clicking on the Publish icon in the toolbar.
Filter by Access. Lets you show only items that have a specified viewing access level. The list box will show the access levels defined for your site.
- - Select Access -: Show items with any viewing access level.
- <access level group>: Show items only with this viewing access level.
Filter by Language. Lets you show only items that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Language - or All: Show items for any language.
- <your language>: Show items only for this language.
Filter by Tags. Lets you show only items that have a specified tag. The list box will show the tags created for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Tags -: Show items with any (or no) tag(s).
- <tag>: Show items only with this tag.
Filter by Max Levels (Category Level). Lets you show only items whose category is at or above the specified level in the category hierarchy.
- - Select Max Levels -: Show all items regardless of level of their assigned category.
- 1: Only show items whose category is at the top level in the category hierarchy (in other words, with categories whose parent category is "- No Parent -".)
- 2-10: Only show items whose category is in the top 2-10 levels in the category hierarchy.
The Batch Process allows a change in settings for a group of selected categories marked with a check-mark in the corresponding check-mark boxes. To use: select one or more categories form the table of categories being viewed and click on the 'Batch' Toolbar button. This will open a pop up window as shown below.
You can change one value or all values at one time.
Note: if you copy items to a new category, changes you have selected from language and access level will be applied to the copies, not the original.
How to Batch Process a group of categories:
- Select one or more categories on the list by selecting the desired checkbox(es).
- Click the 'Batch' Toolbar button.
- Set one or more of the following values:
- To change the Language, select the desired language from the Set Language list box.
- To change the Access Levels, select the desired new access level from the Set Access Level list box.
- To change the Category, select a category. To leave the category unchanged, use the default value of "Select".
- To copy the items to a different category, select the desired category from the category list box and check the Copy option. In this case, the original items are unchanged and the copies are assigned to the new category and, if selected, the new language and access level.
- To move the items to a different category, select the desired category from the category list box and check the Move option. In this case, the original items will be moved to a new category and, if selected, be assigned the new language and access level.
- To add a Tag, select the desired tag from the Add Tag list box.
- When all of the settings are entered, click on Process to perform the changes. A message "Batch process completed successfully." will show.
Note that nothing will happen if you
- don't have any items selected or
- have not selected a language, access level or category.
If you wish to clear your entered selections, click on the Clear button. This will return all of the Batch controls to their default values. Note that this does not uncheck the check boxes for the items.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new web link category.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected web link category. If more than one web link category is selected (where applicable), only the first web link category will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the web link category.
- Publish. Makes the selected web link categories available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected web link categories unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected web link categories to indicate that they are archived. Archived web link categories can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the web link categories to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected web link categories. Works with one or multiple web link categories selected.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected web link categories. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Rebuild. Reconstructs and refreshes the web link category table. Normally, you do not need to rebuild this table. This function is provided in case the data in the table becomes corrupted.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected web link categories to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed web link categories can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the web link categories to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed web link categories, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the web link categories to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.