How do you set up Joomla! on Win XP for local testing?
From Joomla! Documentation
There are multiple methods available for creating a local development and testing environment for Joomla! on Win XP including:
- Download latest version of Xampp for windows from Apache Friends.
- Create an xampp directory at the root of C:\
- Extract downloaded xampp zip file into newly created xampp directory
- Locate extracted file xampp-control within the xampp directory and double click to execute xampp control panel.
- Select services that you would like to start
- Click Start
- Click on Apache Admin button to view local web server main page