JDOC:Docs Wiki Roadmap
From Joomla! Documentation
|Please add appropriate items to the Roadmap and post all comments to the Docs Wiki Roadmap talk page.|
Docs Wiki Roadmap
- Identify documentation needs by user type better
- Beginners - need to be more targeted
- Easy Tutuorials - short and concise (using as a model - Wikipedia's Wikipedia:Tutorial)
- Beginners need targeted core ideas and methods (Too much information puts off)
- Easy to navigate and follow
Use of Header Tabs extension
- Developers - more involvement, better method of involvement
- Projects - JDOC:Developer Tutorials Project,
- Better Event integration such as Pizza, Bugs and Fun. Doc's home page integration, upcoming events template.
- Web designers - target ease of design, better articles targeted towards CSS, Bootstrap
- Projects - need ideas
- Administrators - target common tasks with more detail
- Evaluators - ideas needed?
Recognition of contributions, work on wikicomplete, see Barnstar awards
- Home page - start of redesign is here
- Portal pages
Better documentation search - Google integration? Lucerne?
- Installed! Google CSE, GoogleCustomWikiSearch - implemented and being used.
- Improve structure (underway!)
- Namespace aliases for easier link building
- Help screen aliasing - All Joomla! 3.x series Help screens will alias to one set of Help screens
Custom extension to tag Namespaces
- Disambiguation pages
Spam control - multipage sign up. AntiSpoof, AbuseFilter together. AbuseFilter (Tested! - see Talk page) - will automatically block and remove users based on rules, can be new user time sensitive running against only new users.
- Clean up redundant and incomplete pages (what was started and never finished, or redundant) (Underway!)
- Investigate 'Archive' namespace, would want an alias of 'A' to simplify link creation when needed
- Installed! Archive namespace and J1.5 for Joomla! 1.5 articles now being tagged Archived (Underway!)
- Increase developer contributions!
- Welcome new users on user talk pages! Give them some additional information, style guide, templates available, etc.
- Editor assistance
- Adopt an editor? Help new wiki users
- Wiki Doc Projects - "JDOC Projects" - Portal page:JDOC Projects
- Better tutorials, multipage, PDF's created for download
- Developer feedback
- Enhance styleguide
- API integration with Platform and CMS
- Help Screen development simplify
- Focus on first STS, transcluded to subsequent STS versions, with a 'Final' for LTS
- Notices on support ended versions
- Better understanding for contributors, Help screens: how they work, why style guides are important
Nice to have eventually
VEL pageVEL now has its own subdomain, see http://vel.joomla.org. Improvement for editing by approved VEL members Searching Improved look Integration with administration for VEL notifications of installed Extensions.
- Multilingual support
- Semantic Mediawiki
- Use of property values within articles/API (testing underway!)
- Testing on a local MW install, use of Doxygen xml files to create API pages for documentation.
- External data capture in XML or JSON (other formats also available)