The media form field type provides modal access to the media manager for the choice of an image. Users with appropriate permissions will be able to upload files.
- type (mandatory) must be media.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- directory (mandatory) is the directory from which the user will be able to choose a file. This attribute should be relative to the top level
- preview (optional) shows or hides the preview of the currently chosen image. ("true": Show always, "tooltip": Show as tooltip, "false": Show never) (since Joomla! 2.5.5)
Example XML field definition:
<field name="myimage" type="media" directory="stories" />
This will open the media manager with the directory
/images/stories/ already selected.