This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Reason: images, better flow and a nice introduction
Removing from All Articles
- Login to your Administrator: www.yourdomain.com/administrator
- Using the top menu, navigate to Content > Article Manager or click on the Article Manager icon on the Control Panel screen.
- On the top right of the Article Manager screen, you will see a icon labeled Parameters, click on this. A lightbox style window will open showing all the Global Configuration for Articles.
- Scroll down the list and you will see options for: Icons, PDF Icon, Print Icon, Email Icon and Hits.Simply select either Hide or Show for the appropriate setting.
- Remember to scroll back up to the top of the screen and click Save
- The selected configuration settings will now become the default for any Articles that has any options in its Parameters (Advanced) set to Global.
- The Global Configuration can be overridden per Article by modifying the appropriate setting in the Parameters (Advanced) section of the required Article. Remember to click on Apply or Save after making any changes you wish to keep.
- If you are trying to remove the icons from pages that show up for menu items, you need to go to the Menu Manager, select a menu, and change the parameters there for pages that are called by the menu items.
Note: Doesn't seem to work from version 1.5.4 on.
Remove From a Single Article
To remove the email, print or PDF icons from an Article: There are three alternative methods to achieving this, one applies globally across the site, the other for individual pages and is applied via a menu link, or it can be set on the article itself. To globally apply across the site:
- Open the Article Manger (in the backend administrator area) Content > Article Manager
- Click on the Options button on the top right of the top toolbar.
- Scroll down the options, at the bottom of the list is a section of 'Show icons', set those required to 'Hide'
- At the top of the screen click 'Save & Close'
Or to change an individual page via it's relevant menu link.
- Open the Menu Manager (in the backend administrator area) Menus > Menu Manager
- Open the menu item which displays the particular page, either by clicking on its title, or selecting it and clicking the 'Edit' button in the toolbar
- With the Menu item open, click on the 'Options' tab
- Scroll down to the icons section and set the desired options to 'Hide'. By default options are set to 'Use Global' which will pick up the Global settings.
- Open the Article for editing either by:
- Click the Content > Article Manager menu item. Once in the Article Manager, click on the article name to edit or tick the box next to the article and click the Edit toolbar button.
- Clicking the Add New Article button in the Control Panel.
- If logged in to the Front-end, you have appropriate permissions and are viewing the Article you wish to edit: Click the Edit button.
- Click on the Options tab.
- Locate the Print Icon, E-mail Icon and PDF Icon drop down fields in the Parameter list and change the values to Hide as required.
- Use Global: Uses the setting in the Article Parameter Global configuration.
- Hide: Hides the icon or text and overrides the global configuration for the current Article only.
- Show: Displays the icon or text and overrides the global configuration for the current Article only.
- Click the Save or Save & Close toolbar button to save the Article.