Setting up your workstation for Joomla development
From Joomla! Documentation
It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Setting up your workstation for Joomla! development. (Discuss). Proposed since 15 Sep 2013.
This is a trial to better structure all the wiki pages around developing on and with joomla. Such as:
- Setting up your workstation for Joomla! development. A complete step-by-step guide to installing the Eclipse IDE on your local workstation for Joomla! development.
Installing a web server
Installing a typical web server environment is very easy with following AMP-packages (Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- XAMPP (Mutliple OS)
- LAMP (Linux)
- WAMP (Windows),. A good choice for for a local server environment for windows is WampServer.
- MAMP (Macintosh / OS X) MAMP by living-e AG may be a good choice.
If you want use XDebug for debuggin, you'll need to tune php settings
Installing an IDE / Editor (and debugging)
- Eclipse IDE
- Komodo Edit
- UltraEdit, Notepad++, ...
- Sublime Text 2 Editor
- PhpStorm IDE
- Working with git and github/My first pull request - The way of the current Joomla! code base.
- Setting up your workstation for PHP development
- Joomla Issue shortcut
- Browser Shortcut Issue Tracker
- Setting up your local environment for Joomla 4
Help is appreciated finding related pages and making these pages less redundant.