Below is a list of special gadgets users can enable on their preferences page, as defined by the definitions. This overview provides easy access to the system message pages that define each gadget's description and code.
User Interface Gadgets [View source]
- Navigation popups, article previews and editing functions popup when hovering over links (View source | Export)
Uses: Gadget-popups.js, Gadget-navpop.css
Editing Gadgets [View source]
- Code insert adds wikiEditor buttons to the Advanced toolbar for easy code insertion tags, PHP, JS, and XML. (View source | Export)
Requires the following rights:
- Edit pages
- Purge the site cache for a page without confirmation
Enabled for everyone by default.
- HotCat, easily add / remove / change a category on a page, with name suggestion [example] (View source | Export)
Original code is available under GPL and was published on Wikipedia by Wikipedia:User:Zocky/Search_Box. (View source | Export)
Uses: Gadget-searchbox.js, Gadget-searchbox.css
- Auto complete for links in the editbox. Type [[foo in the editbox and press ctrl-space (or ctrl-enter) to cycle through article titles that start with "foo". Works only for articles for now. No support for Internet Explorer yet. -- GPL, (c) 2006, Wikipedia:User:Zocky/Link_Complete (View source | Export)
- wikEd is a full-featured Wikipedia-integrated text editor that adds enhanced text processing functions to edit pages. wikEd is a complete rich-text WYSIWYM editor and comes with many MediaWiki-specific features. Check the wikEd help page for a description of all functions and buttons. Currently, wikEd works under Firefox, SeaMonkey, Safari, and Google Chrome, but not under Internet Explorer and Opera. (View source | Export)