I had site problems using:
var $live_site = 'http://example.com/joomla';
...which went away when I set it this way:
var $live_site = '/joomla';
However, this did not solve my SEF URL issues.
This page might be better renamed 'Common problems when enabling Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs in Joomla
RCheesley (talk) 12:56, 12 July 2013 (CDT)
- IMO the page title is already long enough and this is the Joomla Docs site so I'm not sure the 'in Joomla' bit is necessary. But happy to be overridden on this if you feel that strongly about it!
- Hey George, Ruth meant the other title, it was a FAQ as a question before. Something even longer, 'Why does my site get messed up when I use Search....' so I moved it to this actual title, but I did leave off 'in Joomla' at the end. We could make it even shorter, 'when enabling' to 'using' Tom Hutchison (talk) 23:35, 13 July 2013 (CDT)