Leave a Message
If you have any questions or problems on Joomla! Documentation, just use the add a topic, leave me a message and don't forget to sign it with 4 tildes(~~~~).
Merging "Setting up workstation..." discussion
Hello, I dunno if you will get it automatically, but here some thoughts on your merge proposal: http://docs.joomla.org/Talk:Setting_up_your_workstation_for_Joomla!_development#Merge_Warning
Component development for 3.2 is somewhat unfinished
Hi, I'm trying to follow the tutorial for developing a component for Joomla 3.2 But somehow it is not very friendly to a person like me, new to Joomla development. What can I do, in order to make this tutorial more "newbie"-friendly ? Cwurtz (talk) 22:29, 13 December 2013 (CST)
- Hi Cwurtz, thanks for asking! J3.2 MVC is really incomplete, partly because the J2.5 version still valid, and partly because J2.5 still needs to be copied over into the J3.2 namespace and then improved. You are free to help as you would like and it would be greatly appreciated! How can I help get you started? Tom Hutchison (talk) 10:28, 14 December 2013 (CST)
It's Joomla! (!)
I was wondering if we should enforce the use of the exclamation mark, which is part of the trade mark IMHO, in titles and throughout the text?
I noticed that in your recent addition Joomla_Credits_and_Thanks (starting from the title ;) )
--Elkuku (talk) 10:15, 17 May 2014 (CDT)
- Usually yes, but... we have to watch breaking the ability to link from the forum to doc pages. Using mod_security on the family of our sites with some strange rules which can and does cause issues. We have used titles like Installing Joomla! and the link was broken on the forum, then we had to change it. Latest quirk I heard was driver on the forum being wrapped as [driver] even in JDatabaseDriver to JDatabase[Driver]. ?'s are an issue too. Docs has a toned down mod_security, we couldn't even use 'source' in code tags at one point last fall.
- Joomla! vs Joomla in text. This is tricky, I have been told Joomla! as the first use in a page, then Joomla for every following use on the same page. Still not sure myself because OSM pages use !'s on the entire page. If 1st use is the rule, we need to document it on the use of Joomla! and Joomla! Logos page on OSM. I'll investigate the use some more and at least get it somewhere in writing for all.
- I went ahead and changed the title adding a ! and left the other as a redirect to the ! page if there is a problem using the Joomla! page as a url on the forum. They can always link without the ! and it will redirect to the correct usage one.
- Thanks for adding to JetBrains on the Credits and Thanks page. I just set the page up last night and had not gotten to what JetBrains does for the project. We were discussing all this on leadership mail list, etc... and I had not let everyone know I created the page. Doing that now.
- Thanks!! Tom Hutchison (talk) 12:42, 17 May 2014 (CDT)