This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Reason: This page mainly contains 1.5 info
Application may refer to:
- Application (Package), a collection of PHP classes from the Joomla! Framework
- JApplication, a PHP class from the Joomla! Framework
You may also browse Category:Application for articles and tutorials about this subject.
A Joomla! CMS installation consists of several Applications:
- Site, also known as the Front-end.
- Administrator, also known as the Back-end. It is here that you can make your major customisations for your site or front-end. You can set up how your template looks or you can add new extensions such as components, languages, modules, plugins and templates from the Joomla! Extension Directory (JED).
- Installer is an application that helps you to install and configure Joomla on your web site. Follow the next steps at Installer. This application should be deleted as soon as installation is completed.
- XML-RPC, known as eXtensible Markup Language Remote Procedure Call, is a method of sharing messages between client and server. Note that from version 1.6 onwards, the XML-RPC application is no longer included in the Joomla distribution.