Revision as of 08:36, 24 August 2012
The Joomla! Framework
The Joomla! 1.5 and Joomla! 1.6 is a three tiered system consisting of the following:
- The top, Extensions layer, consists of Extensions to the Joomla Framework and its applications:
- The middle, Application layer, consists of applications that extend the Framework JApplication class. Currently there are four applications included in the Joomla distribution:-
- JInstallation is responsible for installing Joomla on a web server and is deleted after the installation procedure has been completed.
- JAdministrator is responsible for the back-end website administration.
- JSite is responsible for the front-end of the website.
- XML-RPC supports remote administration of the Joomla website.
- The bottom, Framework layer, consists of:-
- ↑ See also Platform
- ↑ See also Framework
- ↑ Joomla! Framework vs Joomla! Platform