A software framework is a reusable design for a software system (or subsystem). This is expressed as a set of abstract classes and the way their instances collaborate for a specific type of software. Software frameworks can be object-oriented designs. Although designs don't have to be implemented in an object-oriented language, they usually are. A software framework may include support programs, code libraries, a scripting language, or other software to help develop and glue together the different components of a software project. Various parts of the framework may be exposed through an application programming interface (API).
- From Wikipedia
Joomla! 1.5 is a three tiered system:-
- The top, Extensions layer, consists of Extensions to the Joomla Framework and its applications:
- The middle, Application layer, consists of applications that extend the Framework JApplication class. Currently there are four applications included in the Joomla distribution:-
- JInstallation is responsible for installing Joomla on a web server and is deleted after the installation procedure has been completed.
- JAdministrator is responsible for the back-end Administrator.
- JSite is responsible for the front-end of the website.
- XML-RPC supports remote administration of the Joomla website.
- The bottom, Framework layer, consists of:-
- the Joomla Framework itself, whose classes are listed below.
- Libraries that are required by the Framework or are installed for use by third-party developers.
- Plugins extend the functionality available in the Framework.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found