|The Beez template comes with the default installation. Don't be fooled by its outer appearance. It is powerful, accessible, and a great starting point for building your own CSS-driven template.
Some things to know about Beez:
- It's located in /SITE/templates/beez directory
- Pay special attention to the /html subdirectory, and its subdirectories. These contain theme overrides that have been specially designed to make heavy use of CSS formatting (instead of formatting with tables.)
- For instance, one can format articles by editing this file:
- Accessibility matters. Handicapped people use special devices other than mouse and keyboard to navigate a page; blind people use screen readers to read web pages aloud. Consider that Google and other search routines are also "blind": They can read the content of text, not pictures.
- Note that there are a number of stylesheets being used by Beez. You may have to edit your IE-only stylesheet to enable your site to work with both Internet Explorer® and Firefox.
Here are the stylesheets found by default in the SITE/beez/css directory:
This category currently contains no pages or media.