This pages in this category contains more detailed version histories for all Joomla! CMS versions.
- Check for the latest Joomla! CMS version. If you are not on the latest release, read the release notes to see if you need to upgrade. If a release is being made in order to address security issues then it is strongly advised that you upgrade as soon as possible. You can see the release history of each series in the table below. Click the version history link in the notes column to find details on exact release date, release notes and package and MD5s.
- Normally, you should use the latest version of Joomla! for a new site unless you have a specific reason not to.
- The latest version can be downloaded from the Joomla! download site.
- Make sure you subscribe to the Joomla! Security Announcements feed. This RSS feed is used to make announcements, including the availability of new releases, that could affect the security of your site. You have the option to subscribe to this feed by RSS or email.
- If you are running an earlier release of the current version (for example, you are running 2.5.1 and the current version is 2.5.6), you should upgrade to the current version. Each minor release fixes a number of bugs and/or security issues. It is always good practice to upgrade to the latest maintenance version as a first step in troubleshooting a problem and fixing any newly discovered security issues.
Joomla! CMS versions
||You can browse the Joomla! Documentation Wiki either from this page or by using the Category Tree Page.|
Please note, if a page is not given a category, then it will not be listed here.
Additional information next to each category listed is as follows. (# C(ategories), # P(ages), # F(iles))
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Pages in category ‘Version History’
The following 7 pages are in this category, out of 7 total.