Chunk25:Column headers helpscreens
Version 2.5 Help screen column headers
Help screen column headers
- Access. The viewing level access for this item.
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when SEF is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Non-Latin characters can be allowed in the alias if you set the Unicode Aliases option to Yes in Global Configuration. If this option is set to No and the title includes non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time (for example "2012-12-31-17-54-38").
- Alternative Layout. Specify a different layout than the one supplied by the component view or template overrides.
- Category. The Category this item belongs to.
- Category Description. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Description of this category, which can optionally be displayed in the front-end.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Created Date. The date the item was created.
- Database Table. The name of the table checked.
- Display #. This list box shows at the bottom of the screen, below the list of items. You can select the number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display.
- Enabled. Whether or not the item is enabled. A green circle with a white check mark in it means it is enabled. A red circle with a white dot in it means it is disabled.
- Choose a layout. Select a layout to be used as the default layout for this component.
- Hits. The number of times an item has been viewed.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
- Image. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide an image to be displayed with this item/category in the front-end.
- Language. Item language.
- Note. Item note. This is normally for the site administrator's use (for example, to document information about this item) and does not show in the front end of the site.
- #. An indexing number automatically assigned by Joomla! for ease of reference.
- Ordering. The order in which to display items. You can sort the list by order number by clicking on the Ordering label in the column heading. If the list is sorted by this column, you can change the order by clicking the arrows or by entering the sequential order and clicking the 'Save Order' icon. This is shown in the screen below.
- Parent. The item (category, menu item, and so on) that is the parent of the item being edited.
- Permissions. Press the Set Permissions button to go to the Category Permissions section.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Select Categories. Select the categories you want to include in this layout. Use Ctrl+Click to select more than one category. Use Shift+Click to select a range of categories.
- State: State of the item. Possible values are:
- Published: The item is published. This is the only state that will allow regular website users to view this item.
- Unpublished: The item is unpublished.
- Archived: The item has been archived.
- Trashed: The item has been sent to the Trash.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.