This Namespace has been archived
- Please Do Not Edit
Pages in this namespace. Pages contain information for a Joomla! version which is no longer supported
. It exists only as a historical reference, will not be improved and its content may be incomplete.
JA Purity is a highly customizable template available by default in the standard Joomla 1.5 installation. JA Purity was designed by JoomlArt.com and features the following:
- Screen width configuration (Fluid / Narrow / Wide-screen / Fixed in pixel or percentage)
- Multiple colors schemes (Red, Green, Blue and Black)
- Well Structured, xHTML/CSS validated and SEO-optimized source
- Cross-browser support for Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox, Safari, and Opera
If you have a support question about the JA Purity template check for a solution on the JA Purity forum.
Before You Start
Before you start hacking away at the default installed JA_Purity template you may want to do ONE of the following:
- Create a new directory templates/my_japurity
- Copy the contents of the original ja_purity directory to the my_japurity directory.
- Go to the administrator/language/en-GB directory and copy en-GB.tpl_ja_purity.ini to en-GB.tpl_my_japurity.ini
- Go to the language/en-GB directory and copy language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_purity.ini to en-GB.tpl_my_ja_purity.ini
- Open the templateDetails.xml file in the my_japurity directory and change ALL references for the original ja_purity directory to the new directory my_japurity.
<param name="theme_header" type="folderlist" directory="templates/ja_purity/styles/header" default="" label="Header Themes" description="HEADER THEMES DESCRIPTION" />
<param name="theme_background" type="folderlist" directory="templates/ja_purity/styles/background" default="" label="Background Themes" description="BACKGROUND THEMES DESCRIPTION" />
<param name="theme_elements" type="folderlist" directory="templates/ja_purity/styles/elements" default="" label="Primary Elements" description="PRIMARY ELEMENTS DESCRIPTION" />
- Download the tutorial template. Once you download the archive, rename it as my_japurity.zip and then log into the Administration area of your Joomla site and install the template.
Doing one of these options will save you from worrying about any future updates to the Joomla source code that might overwrite your existing edits. This tutorial is based on the latest template version as of Joomla version 1.5.11.
Here's the directory structure for the template. Click to see a description of the directory contents (if available)
Click on the picture to see the descriptions (if available)
Customisation - Basics
Enable Horizontal Navigation Menus with drop down menus
Customising Module Position and Content
Customising the Logo
Customising the Favicon
Customisation - Intermediate
Customisation - Advanced
Known Issues and Bugs
A forum topic with some information about this template