Extensions distribution its done by authors
- The JED requires a direct download link to the file or to a landing download page.
- Extensions that requires registration, subscriptions or payment to process the download also needs to have a direct landing page.
- The landing page must be unique for each extension.
- Extensions without working links will be unpublished
Hosting files: non-commercial projects
Only for non-commercial projects: Avoid reaching bandwidth limit, server downtime by creating a source code repository for your files
Please consider to create a www.JoomlaCode.org project where you can have a download area, tracker, forum and other resources to help developers and your extensions users. With JoomlaCode.org we aim to help build Open Source tools and extensions for the Joomla! user community by providing resources to help developers work together in an Open Source spirit.
- Shared hosting files are not allowed as download links
- Forum links are not allowed as download links
When you host extensions files in your server you are not allowed to display at your site:
- Political, religious, sexual explicit or offensive material
- Distribution of copyright infringement or any illegal distribution of products
- You must follow the rules on Joomla trademark and Logo usage
- Domain names with the word "Joomla" or a derivative in it needs to be licensed by OSM.
Fill this form: Domain Name Request http://opensourcematters.org/domain-name-use-request.html