How to Access
Select Components → Banner → Banners from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation.
The Banner Manager is where you can edit existing Banners and create new ones. You can also navigate to the Banner Client Manager and the Banner Category Manager.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Name. The name of the Banner. You may click on the name to open the Banner for editing.
- Client. The Client for this Banner. Clients are entered using the Banner Client Manager.
- Category. The Category this item belongs to. Clicking on the Category title opens the Category for editing. See Category Manager - Edit.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Order. The order to display items. If the list is sorted by this column, you can change the order by clicking the arrows or by entering the sequential order and clicking 'Save Order'.
- Sticky. Whether or not the Banner is "sticky". If one or more Banners in a Category are designated "sticky," they will take priority over Banners that are not sticky. For example, if two Banners in a Category are sticky and a third Banner is not sticky, the third Banner will not display if the Banner display module setting is "Sticky, Randomize" or "Sticky, Order." Only the two sticky Banners will display. If the sticky banners have a fixed number of impressions, once those impressions are used up, the sticky banners will no longer display, and the non-sticky banners will begin displaying automatically.
- Impressions. The first number is the actual Impressions so far and the second number is how many Impressions were purchased by the Client. For example, '21 of 200' or '21 of Unlimited'. An Impression is how many times the Banner has been displayed on a page.
- Clicks. The first number is the total number of clicks that have been made on the Banner since the counter was reset. The second is the number of clicks on this Banner as a percentage of the number of Impressions for this Banner. For example, if a Banner has 48 Impressions (in other words, has been displayed 48 times), and the number of clicks is 4, then the percentage would be 8.33% ((4/48)*100).
- Tags. Optional Tags to be used for displaying specific Banners based on the content of the Article being viewed. If the Banner module Parameter 'Search By Tag' is set to 'Yes', Banners whose Tags match the Keywords entered for each Article will display when that Article is being viewed.
- ID. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You can not change this number.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).
- Publish. To publish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Unpublish. To unpublish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Copy. Select one or more items and click this button to copy them. A new screen will display showing the possible "Copy to" locations on the left and the list of item(s) being copied on the right. To complete the copy, select the desired "Copy to" location and press the Copy button. To cancel the operation, press Cancel.
- Delete. To delete one or more items, select them and click this button. The selected items will be deleted. Note: only empty items can be deleted.
- Edit. Select one item and click on this button to open it in edit mode. If you have more than one item selected (where applicable), the first item will be opened. You can also open an item for editing by clicking on its Title or Name.
- New. Click on this button to create a new item. You will enter the New page for this item.
- Parameters. Click this button to open the Banners Global Configuration window. This window allows you to set default parameters for Banners, as shown below.
- Track Banner Impression Times. Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is displayed.
- Track Banner Click Times. Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is clicked.
- Tag Prefix. When matching Tags (for matching Banners to Articles based on Keywords), only search for Tags with this prefix. This can improve performance.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.