| || |
*'''Name.''' The name of the
Banner. This is the name that will display in the Name column of the Banner Manager. |+|
*'''Name.''' The name of the . This is the name that will display in the Name column of the Banner Manager.
|−|*'''Show Banner.''' Whether or not to show this Banner. |+|
*'''.''' Optional field enter about .
Order.''' The display order of the Banner. If your Banner module is set up to display a series of Banners in order, this will determine the order of display. |+|
|−|*'''Category.''' The Category that this Banner belongs to. Select from the drop-down list box of existing Banner Categories. Note that Banner Categories are separate from other Categories, such as for Articles, Contacts, Newsfeeds, and Web Links. |+|
|−|*'''Client Name.''' The Client Name for this Banner. Select from the drop-down list box of existing Clients. |+|
|−|*'''Impressions Purchased.''' The number of Impressions purchased for this Banner. An Impression is how many times a Banner has been displayed on a page. Check the 'Unlimited' checkbox if an unlimited number of Impressions is allowed. |+|
|−|*'''Click URL.''' The URL to navigate to when the User clicks on the Banner. |+|
|−|*'''Clicks.''' The number of times this Banner has been clicked. No entry is allowed. You can reset this number to 0 by pressing the 'Reset Clicks' button. |+|
|−|*'''Custom Banner Code.''' Optional custom code for this Banner. Custom code is ??? and can be used for ???. |+|
|−|*'''Description/Notes.''' Optional field where you can enter in a description or notes about the Banner. This is for your use and does not display on the page. |+|
|−|*'''Banner Image Selector.''' Image file to display. Select the desired image file from the drop-down list box. All image files in the 'images/banners' folder will display. Use the [[screen.mediamanager.15|Media Manager]] to upload Banner image files to your site. |+|
|−|*'''Banner Image.''' Displays the selected image file. |+|
| || |
Revision as of 15:03, 26 April 2008
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.
This article was last edited by Dextercowley (talk| contribs) 5 years ago. (Purge)
How to Access
From the Banner Client Manager, click on the Client Name or check the Client's checkbox and press the Edit icon in the toolbar.
This is where you add a new Banner Client or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Banner Client before you can create a Banner.
- Client Name. The name of the Client. This is the name that will display in the Name column of the Banner Client Manager.
- Contact Name. The name of this Contact.
- Contact E-mail. The e-mail address of this contact.
- Extra Information. Optional field to enter any extra information about this Client.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Save. Save it and return to editing the menu details.
- Apply. Save it, but stay in the same screen. If you have been working on a screen for a long time and don't want to risk losing your work, pressing Apply saves your work and lets you continue working. If, for example, you lost your Internet connection, your work will be saved up this point.
- Cancel. Go back to the main screen of the Manager, without saving the modifications you made.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Banners are placed on specific pages by adding Modules of type 'mod_banners' using the Module Manager.
- If you have a series of Banners that you would like to display on one more more pages in random order:
- Create these Banners with the same Client and Category.
- Create a Banner Module for this Client and Category, and in the Menu Assignment pick the Menu Selections for the module to display on.
- In the Banner Module, set the 'Randomise' value to 'Sticky, Randomise'.
- With these settings, the different Banners for that Client and Category will display on the selected pages in random order.