(→Details and description)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
==Details and ==
you can information the .
=== Details ===
'''Name''' name of the .
'''''' Select the the .
'''''' the this to . 'to UserIf this is linked to a , select .
'''Order''' order of in the . default of the . order can be changed the .
=== Information ===
=== Information ===
Revision as of 16:19, 3 May 2008
|This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section
has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
How to Access
Navigate to the Contact Manager. To add a new Contact, press the "New" icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Contact, click on the Contact's Name or click the Contact's checkbox and then click on the "Edit" icon in the toolbar.
This is where you can add a Contact or edit an existing Contact. Contacts allow you to list people on your web site and allow users to send e-mails to those people.
Details and Parameters
In this section, you can type information about the Contact, such as name, address, e-mail, and so on. The Parameters allow you to control what information gets displayed for each Contact.
- Name. The full name of the Contact.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Published. Whether or not this item is published. Select Yes or No from the radio button group to set the Published state for this item.
- Category. Select the Category for this Contact from the drop-down list box. Note that you must have at least one Contact Category defined before you can add a Contact.
- Linked to User. Select the User, if any, that this Contact is linked to from the drop-down list box. This allows you to link this Contact's information to a Joomla! registered User. If this Contact is not linked to a User, select "-No User-".
- Order. Indicates the order of this Contact in the Contact Manager. The default Order is to add the item to the end of the list. This Contact will moved to the order position just after the Contact selected from the drop-down list. Note that the Order of Contacts can also be changed in the Contact Manager.
- Access Level. Who has access to this item. Current options are:
- Public: Everyone has access
- Registered: Only registered users have access
- Special: Only users with author status or higher have access
- Enter the desired level using the drop-down list box.
- ID. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You can not change this number.
Contact's Position: Enter the contact's current position as regards the site.
E-mail: Enter this contact's email address.
Street Address: Enter this contact's street address.
Town/Suburb: Enter this contact's town or suburb.
State/County: Enter this contact's state.
Postal Code/ZIP: Enter this contact's postal code.
Country: Enter this contact's country.
Telephone: Enter this contact's phone number.
Mobile Phone Number: Enter this contact's mobile phone number.
Fax: Enter this contact's fax number.
Web URL: Enter a website address for this contact.
Miscellaneous Information: Enter any other information about this contact. No HTML is allowed in this field.
Contact Image: Choose an image to display against this contact. Images can be uploaded using the Media Manager.
- Name Hide/Show
- Contact's Position Hide/Show
- E-mail Hide/Show
- Street Address Hide/Show
- Town/Suburb Hide/Show
- State/County Hide/Show
- Postal/Zip Code Hide/Show
- Country Hide/Show
- Telephone Hide/Show
- Mobile Phone Number Hide/Show
- Fax Hide/Show
- Web URL Hide/Show
- Miscellaneous Information Hide/Show
- Contact Image Hide/Show
- vCard Hide/Show
- Icons/Text Icons/Text/None
- Address Icon Choose image to use for address icon
- E-mail Icon Choose image to use for e-mail icon
- Telephone Icon Choose image to use for telephone icon
- Mobile Icon Choose image to use for mobile phone icon
- Fax Icon Choose image to use for fax icon
- Miscellaneous Icon Choose image to use for miscellaneous info icon
- E-mail Form Hide/Show
- Description Text Enter e-mail description
- E-mail Copy Hide/Show
- Banned E-mail Enter a list of addresses which are unable to email this contact
- Banned Subject Enter a list of subjects which are unacceptable for this contact
- Banned Text Enter a list of words/phrases which are unacceptable for this contact
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
Save: Save the feed and return to the main screen of the News Feed Manager
Cancel: Go back to the main screen of the News Feed Manager, without saving the feed you edited or created.
Help: Open the Help Screen for the News Feed Manager: New/Edit. That is the same screen as this Help Screen.
Joomla! 1.0 did not have the alias field.
You will use the Contact Manager New/Edit when you want to add a contact, or edit an existing contact. Here you will find some of the reasons for the use of this screen.
- You want to create a new contact.
- You want to change the name or alias of a contact.
- You want to change the category of a contact.
- You want to change the user a contact links to.
- You want to change the order of a feed within it's category.
Points to Watch
- Name of the contact is required.
- Contact categories must be added before adding the contact.
- The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated.
- The Alias should consist of lowercase letters, and no blank spaces are allowed. Use a hyphen (-) instead.
Contact categories are added using the Category Manager, but are not linked to sections.