How to Access
Navigate to the the Web Link Manager. To add a new Web Link, click the "New" icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Web Link, click the Web Link's Name, or check the Web Link's checkbox and press the "Edit" icon in the toolbar.
This is where you add a new Web Link or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Web Link Category before you can create your first Web Link.
- Name. The Name of the Web Link. This field is required.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Published. Whether or not this item is published. Select Yes or No from the radio button group to set the Published state for this item.
- Category. Category for this Web Link. Select from the drop-down list box of Web Link Categories. Note that Web Link Categories are separate from other Categories, such as those for Articles, Contacts, Banners, and News Feeds.
- URL. The URL of the Web Link.
- Order. Indicates the order of this Web Link in the Web Link Manager. The default Order is to add the item to the end of the list. To select a different position, use the drop-down list box. This item will moved to the position just after the item selected from the drop-down list. Note that the Order in which the Web Link are displayed can also be changed in the Web Link Manager.
- Target. How to open the link. Options are:
- Parent Window with Browser Navigation. Open the link in the current browser window, allowing Back and Forward navigation.
- New Window with Browser Navigation. Open the link in a new browser window, allowing Back and Forward navigation.
- New Window without Browser Navigation. Open link in a new browser window, not allowing Back and Forward navigation.
Enter an optional description to display below the Web Link.