| || |
==Details and description==
==Details and description==
|−|You will see different fields where you can fill in or edit information of the section. These are: |+|
'''''' the of is .
Title:''' Fill in the title of the section. This field is required. |+|
|−|'''Alias :''' This name is a shortened title of the section, used when using SEF. |+|
|−|'''Published :''' Select Yes when you want the section to be published, and No when you do not want the section to be published. |+|
|−|'''Order :''' The order of the section in the Section Manager. When making a new item, the section will have the default setting of the last place. The order can be changed after the section is saved. |+|
|−|'''Access level:''' The access level of this section. Choose between Public (everyone can see it), Registered (all logged-in users can see it) or Special (every one with a higher group then 'Registered' can see it). |+|
|−|'''Image :''' Select the image of the section. The images you can choose from are the images from the folder /images/stories. |+|
|−|'''Image position:''' Select the position of the image. You can choose between left, center and right. |+|
|−|'''Description:''' Enter here the description of the section. The editor shown depends on the settings of the specific editor of the user and the editor set in the Global Configuration and the individual user's editor setting. |+|
| || |
Revision as of 12:36, 27 April 2008
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.
This article was last edited by Dextercowley (talk| contribs) 5 years ago. (Purge)
How to Access
Navigate to the Section Manager. To add a new Section, press the New icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Section, click on the Section title or click the Section's checkbox and then click on the Edit icon in the toolbar.
There is where you can add a new Section or edit an existing Section. Sections in Joomla! are used to organize Articles. Sections are the top-level of organization, and each Section contains one or more Categories. Sections and Categories allow you to display related Articles together on a page and to filter Articles in the Article Manager. All Articles are assigned either to a Section you create or to the special Section called 'Uncategorized'.
Details and description
- Scope. Displays the scope of this screen, which is content.
- Title. Enter the Title for this item.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Access Level. Who has access to this item. Current options are:
- Public: Everyone has access
- Registered: Only registered users have access
- Special: Only users with author status or higher have access
- You can change an item's Access Level by clicking on the icon in the column.
- Image. Image for this Page. Image must be located in the folder "images/stories".
- Image Position. Position of the Image on the page. Select Left or Right from the drop-down list box.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Save it and return to editing the menu details.
- Apply. Save it, but stay in the same screen. If you have been working on a screen for a long time and don't want to risk losing your work, pressing Apply saves your work and lets you continue working. If, for example, you lost your Internet connection, your work will be saved up this point.
- Close. Return to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Close while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.