This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.
This article was last edited by Dextercowley (talk| contribs) 5 years ago. (Purge)
How to Access
Navigate to the Section Manager. To add a new Section, press the New icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Section, click on the Section title or click the Section's checkbox and then click on the Edit icon in the toolbar.
There is where you can add a new Section or edit an existing Section. Sections in Joomla! are used to organize Articles. Sections are the top-level of organization, and each Section contains one or more Categories. Sections and Categories allow you to display related Articles together on a page and to filter Articles in the Article Manager. All Articles are assigned either to a Section you create or to the special Section called 'Uncategorized'.
- Scope. Displays the scope of this screen, which is content.
- Title. The Title for this item. This may or may not display on the page, depending on the parameter values you choose.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Published. Whether or not this item is published. Select Yes or No from the radio button group to set the Published state for this item.
- Order. The order this item will display in the Manager screen. Use the drop-down list box to change the Order. You can select 'First' or 'Last' to make this the first or last item. Or you can select an item from the list. In this case, the current item will be listed just after the item you select. Note that the Order can also be changed in the Manager screen.
- Access Level. Who has access to this item. Current options are:
- Public: Everyone has access
- Registered: Only registered users have access
- Special: Only users with author status or higher have access
- Enter the desired level using the drop-down list box.
- Image. Image for this Page. Image must be located in the folder "images/stories".
- Image Position. Position of the Image on the page. Select Left or Right from the drop-down list box.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Save it and return to editing the menu details.
- Apply. Save it, but stay in the same screen. If you have been working on a screen for a long time and don't want to risk losing your work, pressing Apply saves your work and lets you continue working. If, for example, you lost your Internet connection, your work will be saved up this point.
- Close. Return to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Close while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.