How to Access
Select Components → Search from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation.
The Search Statistics screen allows you to see how many searches for each key-word combination have been performed and how many results were returned for each search.
- #. An indexing number automatically assigned by Joomla! for ease of reference.
- Search Text. The search text entered by the user. You can click the column header to sort the list by this value.
- Times Requested. The number of times that a search with this search text was requested. You can click the column header to sort the list by this value.
- Results Returned. The number of search results returned to the user for this search text.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).
Filter by Partial Title
- Filter. In the upper left corner just above the column headings is a Filter field and two buttons, as shown below: If you have a large number of items on the list, you can use this filter to find the desired item(s) quickly. Enter either part of the title and press 'Go' to display the matching items. You can enter in whole words or part of a word. For example, "ooml" will match all titles with the word "Joomla!" in them. You can also search for a specific item id by entering "id:" followed by the id number. For example, "id:123" will find the item with an id of '123'.
Search Logging Indicator and Toggle
In the upper right corner is an indicator and toggle, as shown below:
- Enabled / Disabled. If the Global Configuration Parameter called "Gather Search Statistics" is set to "Yes", this will display as "Enabled". Otherwise it will display as "Disabled".
- Hide Search Results / Show Search Results. Toggle this link to Hide or Show the "Results Returned" column.