| || |
This tool will purge all expired cache files
and therefore clean up the the webspace. |+|
This tool will purge all expired cache files the . ''''
|−|*'' Note'' : if you have a large amount of items we recommend to purge the files as many times as possible to avoid overloading your webspace! |+|
to purge the files ''''
|−|*''' Warning' '': if you have a great amount of cached files and your server settings of 'max_input_time' is set to less then 60 (seconds ), you mave recieve a php warning message. In this case start this process again! |+|
you have a of files and your server 'max_input_time' is set to less then 60 seconds, you a warning message . In this caseprocess
| || |
Revision as of 00:07, 30 January 2009
Article stub for purge expired cache.
How to Access
Select Tools → Purge Expired Cache from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation.
This tool will purge all expired cache files from the cache folders. Cache files which are still current are not purged.
- Because this process has to check each cache file individually, it is slower and requires more system resources than the Clean Cache option. However, once the purge process is complete, there should be no loss in speed for users of the site, because all current cache files are still available. In contrast, the Clean Cache option runs more quickly, since it just deletes all of the files in each cache folder. However, the website may be a little slower immediately after running Clean Cache, since in that case all cache files -- including current ones -- are removed, so users lose the benefit of using the cache files until they are re-created.
- If you have a large number of cache files and your server setting for 'max_input_time' is set to less then 60 seconds, you may receive a PHP warning message saying that the process exceeded the maximum time allowed. In this case, no harm is done but all of the files may not have been purged. It is ok simply to re-run the process.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Purge Expired.Click on this Button will start the purging process.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Purging cached files is recommended if there is a great amount of items.
- If you recieve an error / a warning during the process, start this tool again.