How to access
You can access the User Manager by clicking on the User Manager icon in the Control Panel, or by clicking on 'User Manager' in the 'Site' menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation.
In this screen you have the ability to look at your users' list and sort them in different ways. You can also edit existing users and create new users.
In the table with all users from your Joomla! site displayed, you will see different columns. Here you can read what they mean and what is displayed in that column.
- Checkbox. You can select this box to select a user. You will need to do this for several actions, for example editing and deleting.
- Name. The (full) name of the user. When you click on this name, you will go to the edit page of this user. You can find the help screen of this part of the User Manager here: Screen.users.edit.15.
- Username. The username of the user is displayed in this column. When a user wants to log in, he has to fill in this username.
- Logged in. In this column you can see whether the user is logged in or not. A green hook is shown when the person is currently logged in. The column is left blanco when the user is logged out.
- Enabled. In this column you can see wheter the user is enabled or disabled. A green hook is shown when the user is enabled, a red cross sign when the user is disabled. A disabled user did not activate their account by clicking on the link in the e-mail sended after registration. A disabled user could also be a user who was blocked by an Administrator or a Super Administrator. Click on the icon to toggle between enabled and disabled.
- Group. The group of the user is displayed here. This can be: Registered, Author, Editor, Publisher, Manager, Administrator or Super Administrator.
- E-Mail. The e-mail address from the user is displayed here. When you click on it, your Mail Program will open and you will be able to send the user an e-mail.
- Last visit. Here you can see the date on which the user last logged in.
- ID. Here you can see the ID number of a user. You can not change this number. The ID of the Super Administrator created during installation has the ID number 62.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Logout. Select one or more users who are currently logged in and click on this button. The users will loose there logged in status.
- Delete. Select one or more users and click on this button. The users you selected will be deleted.
- Edit. Select one or more users and click on this button. You will enter the Edit page. More information about this page can be found here: Screen.users.edit.15.
- New. Click on this button to create a new user. You will enter the New page. More information about this page can be found here: Screen.users.edit.15.
- Help. Click on this button to access the Help Screen for the User Manager. That is the same screen you are reading right now.
- Click on the name of a user to edit this user.
- Click on the e-mail address of a user to send this user an e-mail.
- Click on the green hook or red cross in the Enabled column to toggle between an Enabled or Disabled status.
- Click on the Column Headers to sort the users by that column, ascending or descending.