This page is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
How to access
Select Tools → Mass Mail from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation.
The Mass Mail screen allows Users who are members of the "Super Administrator" group to send an e-mail message to all Users who are members of a specific group.
- Mail to Child Groups. Whether or not to send the e-mail to to members of all child groups of the selected group. For example, if this box is checked and the group "Public Front-end" is selected, the e-mail would be sent to all members of the "Registered", "Author", "Editor", and "Publisher" groups.
- Send in HTML mode. Whether or not to send he email with headers that identify it as a HTML document. E-mail clients that support this will render any HTML codes.
- Group. Select the group you want to send the e-mail to.
- Recipients as BCC. Adds copy to site email. If checked, all recipients will be included as BCC entries, so none will see any of the other recipients' e-mail addresses. Because many mail routers treat e-mail without a To: entry as spam, the site email will be used for the To: entry.
- Subject Enter the Subject of the email. Try to make it as descriptive as possible. Any text entered in the Subject Prefix parameter (see Global Configuration below) will be prepended to (placed in front of) the subject you enter here.
- Message. Enter the body of the e-mail. Any text entered in the Mailbody Suffix parameter (see Global Configuration below) will be added to the text you enter here.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Send Mail Send the email and return to the main Mass Mail screen
- Cancel. Go back to the main screen of the Manager, without saving the modifications you made.
- Parameters. Click this button to open the Global Configuration window. This window allows you to set default parameters for this type of item. See Global Configuration.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
This pop-up screen is shown when the User clicks the 'Parameters' button on the Toolbar. Press the Save button to save any changes or Cancel to cancel any changes.
- Subject Prefix. Enter a prefix to be prepended to the Subject of every mass e-mail. This is intended to contain some site identifier, for example, the site name.
- Mailbody Suffix. Enter a suffix to be appended to the body of every mass email. This is intended to be used as a site signature.