| || |
| || |
Revision as of 00:15, 3 May 2008
How to Access
Select Components → Web Links → Links from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation. Or select the 'Links' link from the Web Links (Categories).
The Web Links Manager screen allows you to add links to other web sites in your Joomla! web site. You can add links to these sites by creating Web Link layouts in the Menu Item Manager - New/Edit.
- #. An indexing number automatically assigned by Joomla! for ease of reference.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Title. Web Link Title. Click on the Title to open the Web Link for editing.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Order. The order to display items. If the list is sorted by this column, you can change the order by clicking the arrows or by entering the sequential order and clicking 'Save Order'.
- Category. The Category this Web Link belongs to. Clicking on the Category title opens the Category for editing. See Category Manager - Edit (Web Links).
- Hits. The number of hits for this Web Link. A hit is the number of times a page has been viewed.
- ID. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You can not change this number.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).