Help16:Components Banners Categories Edit
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
*'''Save.''' Save and return to editing the details.
*'''.''' Save the screen.
'your and .
*'''Help.''' Opens this
*'''.''' to the screen without saving you
Close .the modifications .
*'''Help.''' Opens this .
Revision as of 13:05, 6 November 2010
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to add or edit banner categories.
How to Access
Navigate to the the Banner Category Manager. To add a new Banner Category, click on the New icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Banner Category, click on the Category's Name, or check the Category's checkbox and press the Edit icon in the toolbar.
This is where you add a new Banner Category or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Banner Category before you can create a Banner. Also, Banner Categories are separate from other types of Categories, such as those for Articles, Contacts, and News Feeds.
- Title. Enter the Title for this item.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Description. Optional description for this Banner Category. This description is just for your information and will not display on any page.
- Alternative Layout.
- Image. Image for this Page. Image must be located in the folder "images/stories". You will not normally use an Image for a Banner Category, since it will not display on the page.
- Meta Description.
- Meta Keywords. Optional keywords to be used for displaying specific banners based on the content of the article being viewed. If the banner module parameter 'Search By Keyword' is set to 'Yes', banners whose keywords match the keywords entered for each article will display when that article is being viewed.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Save. Save your changes and return to editing the banner details.
- Save & Close. Save your changes and return to the banner manager screen.
- Save & New. Save your changes and create a new banner.
- Save as Copy (Only available in the banner edit screen). Save your changes to a copy of the current banner.
- Cancel (Only available in the new banner screen). Go back to the main screen of the banner manager without saving the modifications you made.
- Close (Only available in the banner edit screen). Go back to the main screen of the banner manager without saving the modifications you made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.