Help16:Extensions Module Manager Wrapper
How to access
To add the Wrapper module, go to your site back-end. Using the top menu, go to Extensions -> module manager and select "new". Then, select Wrapper.
The wrapper module allows you to display an external website in a module. The functionality is the same to that of the 'iFrame Wrapper' you can add as a menu item. If the page to which the wrapper is linked is too big, bars will be shown below and to the right of the wrapper, allowing you to "navigate" the page.
The module type is mod_wrapper
ScreenshotBelow, you see an image of the Wrapper in action.
This Module provides functionality similar to the Internal Link - Wrapper Layout in the Menu Item Manager - New/Edit screen. The Module Type name for this Module is "mod_wrapper". It is not related to any other component.
- Module Class Suffix. A suffix applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows you to create customized CSS styles that will apply just to this module. You would then modify the "template.css" file of your template to apply styling to this new class.
- Enter this parameter with a leading space to create a new CSS class for this module. Enter the parameter without a leading space to change the CSS class name for this module.
- See the tutorial Using Class Suffixes in Joomla! 1.5/1.6 for more information.
- URL. URL for the web site to be wrapped.
- Scroll Bars. Whether or not to provide scroll bars for the IFrame. If the setting is "Auto", scroll bars will be provided automatically if needed.
- Width. Width of the IFrame, in pixels. If you add a "%" to the end of the number, it is read as a percentage instead of pixels.
- Height. Height of the IFrame, in pixels.
- Auto Height. Whether or not to set the height automatically to the size of the external page.
- Auto Add. Whether or not to automatically add "http:" or "https:" to the beginning of the URL. This will be added only if it is missing.
- Target Name. Optional name of the IFrame when used as a target.
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
- Cache Time. The length of time, in minutes, before the Module is re-cached.