How to access
From the administrator area, select Components → Smart Search from the drop-down menu of the Administration screen, then click on the Search filters menu bar item.
This screen shows the static search filters currently available for use in Smart Search.
In the table containing the indexed content for your Joomla! site you will see different columns. Here you can read what they mean and what is displayed in each column.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Title. The title of the search filter.
- Status. The status of the search filter. Published filters are shown with a green tick; unpublished filters by a red circle. You can change the status of a search filter by clicking on the icon.
- Created by. The name of the user who created the search filter.
- Created on. The date on which the search filter was created.
- Map count. The number of content map nodes included in the search filter.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
- Search Filters. In the upper left is a text field and two buttons, as shown below.
Enter part of the title of a search filter and press the Search button to find matching search filters. Press Reset to clear the search field and restore the list of search filters.
- Filter by published state. Choose whether to show only published or unpublished search filters by selecting the appropriate item from the drop-down list.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new search filter.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected search filter. If more than one search filter is selected (where applicable), only the first search filter will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the search filter.
- Publish. Makes the selected search filters available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected search filters unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Delete. Deletes the selected search filters. Works with one or multiple search filters selected.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters or permissions can be edited. See Smart Search configuration options for further details.
- Statistics. Shows some basic statistics on Smart Search.
- Help. Opens this help screen.