How To Access
In the back end of your site, navigate to Article Manager and click on the Options button in the toolbar. Doing so opens this modal window.
This screen is where you can set global defaults for menu items that display articles. These default values will be used when you select "Use Global" for an option in an Articles menu item. For example, if you normally want to show the Create Date for an article in your Articles menu items, then set that option to "Show" here and it will be the default value. You do not need to set any of these options. Your Joomla site will work with the default settings.
Article options are divided into nine groups as follows. Each controls the appearance of the listed type of layout.
- Articles: Articles in Single Article or blog layouts.
- Editing Layout: Front-end article add/edit layout.
- Category: Single Category layouts -- for example, when you click on a category to view the articles it contains.
- Categories: Articles Categories layout.
- Blog/Featured Layouts: Featured and Category Blog Layout.
- List Layouts: Category List Layout.
- Shared Options: Shared options for list, blog, and featured layouts.
- Integration: Feed Link and Read More options.
- Permissions: ALC permissions for actions on articles.
Editing Layout Options
Blog / Featured Layout Options
List Layout Options
- Show Unauthorized Links. (No/Yes). Whether or not to show links to Articles that the User is not authorized to access. If set to No, Users will only see links to Articles that they may access. If set to Yes, every User will see all Article links, whether or not they can access them. In this case, a link to the User Login page will display below the Article Title.
- Show Article Title. (No/Yes) Whether or not to show the title of the article.
- Title Linkable. (No/Yes) Whether or not the Title of the Article will be a hyperlink to the Article.
- Show Intro Text. (Hide/Show) Hide or Show an Article's Intro Text when the 'Read more...' link is selected. Intro Text is the part of the Article before a 'Read more...' break. If this parameter is 'Show', when the User selects the 'Read more...' link, the entire article will display, including the Intro Text. If this parameter is 'Hide', when the User selects the 'Read more...' link, only the part of the Article after the 'Read more...' link will display.
- Section Name. (Hide/Show) Whether or not the Section Name will display.
- Section Title Linkable. (No/Yes) Whether or not the Title of the Section will be a hyperlink to the Section page.
- Category Title. (Hide/Show) Whether or not the Category Title will display.
- Category Title Linkable. (No/Yes) Whether or not the Title of the Category will be a hyperlink to the Category page.
- Author Name. (Hide/Show) Whether or not to display the Author Name.
- Created Date and Time. (Hide/Show) Whether or not to display the date and time the Article was created.
- Modified Date and Time. (Hide/Show) Whether or not to display the date and time the Article was last modified.
- Show Navigation. (Hide/Show) Whether or not to show a navigation link (e.g., Next, Previous) between Articles.
- Read More... Link. (Hide/Show) Whether or not to show the "Read More..." link to link from the part of the Article before the "Read More..." break to the rest of the Article.
- Article Rating/Voting. (Hide/Show) Whether or not to display the Article Rating/Voting module.
- Icons. (Hide/Show) Whether the PDF, Print, and E-mail buttons for the Article will display as Icons or Text. If set to Hide, these buttons will display as Text ("PDF", "Print", and "E-mail"). If set to Show, they will display as Icons. Note that these buttons only display if the individual options are set to Show.
- PDF Icon. (Hide/Show) Whether or not to display a button to allow the Article to be rendered in a new window in PDF format. This allows the User to view, print, or save the Article as a PDF file.
- Print Icon. (Hide/Show) Whether or not to display a button to allow the Article to be printed. This allows the User to print the current Article in a printer-friendly format.
- E-mail Icon. (Hide/Show) Whether or not to display a button to allow a link to the Article to be e-mailed. This displays a form that allows the user to send an e-mail with a link to the current Article.
- Hits. The number of hits for an Article. A hit is the number of times a page has been viewed. Hits can be reset to 0 in the Article Manager - New/Edit screen.
- For each feed item show. (Intro Text/Full Text) If set to Intro Text, only the intro text of each article will show. If set to Full Text, the whole article will show in the newsfeed.