Help25:Extensions Module Manager Latest News
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:14, 31 December 2011 by Chris Davenport
Latest NewsThis Module shows a list of the most recently published Articles. An example is shown below:
The Module Type name for this is "mod_latest". It is not related to any other component.
- Count. The number of Articles to show.
- Order. Recently Added First or Recently Modified First. Whether to show the Articles based on the date added or the date modified.
- Authors. Anyone, Added or modified by Me, or Not added or modified by me. Optional filter to limit the display to Articles based on whether they were authored or modified by the current user. Only applies if a user is logged in to the site.
- Front Page Articles. Show or Hide Articles published to the Front Page.
- Section ID. Optional filter to select Articles only from specific Sections. Include one or more Section ID numbers, separated by a comma (for example, "12,15").
- Category ID. Optional filter to select Articles only from specific Categories. Include one or more Category ID numbers, separated by a comma (for example, "12,15").
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
- Cache Time. The length of time, in seconds, before the Module is re-cached.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.