This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to edit template master files and associated stylesheets.
How to Access
Navigate to the Template Manager: Templates screen. To edit a template, click on the templates's name.
This is where you edit a template's source code. You can edit the template's master files and stylesheets from this screen.
Details and Options
Template Master Files
- Edit main page template. The primary file used for the template's layout.
- Edit error page template. The template layout for the site's error pages.
- Edit print view template. The template layout for the site's print view function.
This section contains all of the template's editable stylesheets. Click on a stylesheet's name to edit its source code.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Before editing the HTML and the CSS file of the template, it is a good idea to make a backup of the file you are editing. Also, you can edit these files outside of Joomla! using the HTML or CSS editor of your choice.