| || |
===Feed Display Options===
===Feed Display Options===
| || |
Revision as of 13:16, 14 February 2013
How To Access
To create a new Categories Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click New to create a new menu item or click on an existing item to edit.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the List All News Feed Categories link under Newsfeeds.
To edit an existing Newsfeed Categories Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a list of all News Feed Categories.
The Categories layout has the following Required Setting.
- Select a Top Level Category. Shows a dropdown allowing the selection of any newsfeed category.
The Category Options control the way that category information is shown in the layout. The Category List Layout has the following Category Options, as shown below.
- Category Title. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the title of the category.
- Category Description. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Description of this category, which can optionally be displayed in the front-end.
- Category Image. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the category image.
- Subcategory Levels. (Use Global/All/1-5) The number of levels of subcategories to show in the layout. Select All to show all levels in the subcategory hierarchy.
- Empty Categories. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the categories that contain no content items or subcategories.
- Subcategories Descriptions. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the category description of subcategories.
- # Feeds in Category. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the count of feeds in the category.
List Layout Options control the appearance of the list layout.
- Display #. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the Display # control that allows the user to select the number of items to show in the list. An example is shown below.
If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display.
- Table Headings. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Table Headings show a heading above the article list, as shown below.
If set to Show, this heading will show about the list. Otherwise the list will show with no headings.
- # Articles in Feed. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the count of articles in each feed.
- Feed Links. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the feed links url.
- Pagination. Hide or Show Pagination support. Pagination provides page links at the bottom of the page that allow the User to navigate to additional pages. These are needed if the Articles will not fit on one page. An example is shown below.
The following options are available.
- Use Global: Use the default value from the component options screen.
- Auto: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Show: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Hide: Pagination links not shown. Note: In this case, Users will not be able to navigate to additional pages.
- Pagination Results. Hide or Show the current page number and total pages (e.g., "Page 1 of 2") at the bottom of each page. Use Global will use the default value from the component options.
Feed Display Options
The Category Layout has the following Newsfeed Options, as shown below. These options determine how the newsfeeds will show in the list layout.
In addition to Yes/No or Hide/Show, these options allow the following settings.
The Newsfeed Options are as follows:
- Feed Image. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or hide images in the feed.
- Feed Description. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the Feed Description.
- Feed Content. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the Feed Content.
- Character Count. (Integer) The number of characters to display for the feed.
See Menu Item Manager: New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types, including Details, Link Type Options, Page Display Options, Metadata Options, and Module Assignments for this Menu Item.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- The Categories Newfeed is a convenient way to allow people to see newsfeeds from a range of different categories on your website.