| || |
Revision as of 13:15, 6 February 2013
A component packaged with Joomla! 2.5 Core which allows Administrators to "check-in" or unlock items currently "locked" whether they are in-use by other users or the item wasn't closed properly.
How to access
To access this screen:
- Select Site → Maintenance → Global Check-in from the drop-down menus.
Selecting this menu option allows Joomla! administrators to perform a global check-in of all currently pending or locked items. It then shows the results of the Global Check-in. This is useful, for example, if an Article is locked by a User who opened it for editing and never finished the editing session. In this case, other Users are not able to edit this Article. Performing a Global Check-in releases all such items.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Check In. Checks-in the selected items. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters or permissions can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Database Table. The name of the table checked.
- Items to check-in. Items that need to be checked-in.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).
- Make sure no one is busy editing any items before you perform a global check-in. When a Global Check-in is done, all items are checked in, including those currently being edited.