This page is tagged because it NEEDS MORE CONTENT. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Quickly access and edit your user profile as a Joomla! administrator.
How to access
From the Site Control Panel click the icon labeled Edit Profile
Available to users with administrator or backend access to a Joomla! installation. The "My Profile" page allows an site administrator the ability to edit their personal information. These include the following: name, username, email, and personal preferences(editors, administrator backend template choice, help, time zone and language settings).
My Profile Details
- Name. The (full) name of the user.
- Login Name. The user name that will be entered during login.
- Password. The password that will be entered during login.
- Confirm Password. The same password again (to make sure the password is entered correctly).
- Email. Email address for this user.
- Registration Date. The date this user was registered.
- Last Visit Date. The date this user last logged into the site.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
- Backend Template Style. The template style to use for this user in the administrative backend.
- Back-end Language. Here you can select the back-end language of the user. All installed languages for the back-end will be displayed in the drop-down box. Default is the language set in Language Manager.
- Front-end Language. Here you can select the front-end language of the user. All installed languages for the front-end will be displayed in the drop-down box. Default is the language set in Language Manager.
- Editor. The editor to use for this user.
- Help Site. Set the help site of the user. Default is the Help Server set in the Global Configuration.
- Time Zone. Set the time zone of the user. Default is the Time Zone set in the Global Configuration.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the user and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the user and closes the current screen.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Your login name, password, and email are automatically populated from your initial installation. Here, if desired, you can change or edit these settings. If you change your password remember that it is case sensitive.