In the Help25:Menus_Menu_Item_Article_Category_List#List_Layouts section, there is an indication that it is possible to define the # of hits to show in a list. This functionality is not available in my Current installation (j2.5.6). Should it be removed from these docs? Crispness 10:59, 7 August 2012 (CDT)
The help screens should exactly match the version of Joomla to which they refer, so yes, please make the change. Thanks. Chris Davenport 15:22, 7 August 2012 (CDT)
- @Crispness, could you please elaborate more? I took a quick look because I have one site with a Category List menu item for a page which we hide the number of hits. I went to the Menus_Menu_Item_Article_Category_List screen, enabled it, they showed, then disabled it, which reset it back to the way we show the list on that particular website. It is possible your template is at fault? Quite a few template makers add styles to way the list is shown on a page. Perhaps there is a problem with the CSS or a template override file. It is a functioning choice, show hits, hide them or use global. Yes, I am running Joomla! 2.5.6 too. Thanks Hutchy68 17:23, 7 August 2012 (CDT)
- I know I Said "# of hits". What I meant was "# of Articles". Sorry. Can someone confirm that # of Articles to show is not a valid option in j2.5.6? Crispness 17:32, 7 August 2012 (CDT)
- Articles to show is valid and I just tested it, works just fine in 2.5.6. Options are 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, 100 and all. Everything seems to be as it should. Hutchy68 21:18, 7 August 2012 (CDT)
OK. Here's my screenshot from my Menu Manager - Edit Manu Item -List Contacts in a Category - List Layouts. Are we talking about the same thing? Because its not there on mine. (although I wish it was) Crispness 01:35, 8 August 2012 (CDT).
- Doh! It's available in Article Category List, but not List Contacts by Category. So why are these different? Is that a bug? Crispness 01:38, 8 August 2012 (CDT)
- Yup. The page I should be at is Help25:Menus_Menu_Item_Contact_Category and it IS wrong. It has screenshots from J1.5 I think. So what now. Do I file a bug? I can update that doc page. Some of the text can come from here. I can update the screenshots. But it doesnt solve my problem. There is no way anymore of specifying the # of contacts in a category list. Crispness 01:53, 8 August 2012 (CDT)