| || |
The Category List layout is a convenient way to list a compact directory of contacts in a category that can include filtering and searching. |+|
| || |
Revision as of 18:06, 23 October 2012
How To Access
To create a new Category List Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click New to create a new menu item or click on an existing item to edit.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the List ALL Contact Categories link under Contacts.
To edit an existing Category List Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a list of contact categories within a category.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details
See Menu Item Manager: New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types, including Details, Link Type Options, Page Display Options, Metadata Options, and Module Assignments for this Menu Item.
See Contact Category: Column headers for help on fields common to Category and Categories such as List Layouts, Article Options, Integration Options and others.
The Categories Options control the way categories information is displayed in the layout. Things that you can modify are:
- Top Level Category Description. Show description of the top level category or override it with text you input in the text box. In case you change your mind you can always hide the description.
- Subcategory Levels. You can either show or hide subcategory levels. Its totally up to you.
- Empty Categories. You can show either show or hide empty categories. Empty categories are the ones that have no subcategories or have no contacts in them.
- Subcategories Descriptions. You can either show or hide subcategories description.
- Contacts in Category. You can either show or hide number of contacts in a category.
See Contact Category: Category Options for help on this field
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.