Help31:Menus Menu Item Contact Categories
(→Menu Item Contacts: List All Contact Categories)
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
Revision as of 18:24, 23 October 2012
Menu Item Contacts: List All Contact Categories
How To Access
To create a new Category List Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click New to create a new menu item or click on an existing item to edit.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the List ALL Contact Categories link under Contacts.
To edit an existing Category List Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a list of contact categories within a category.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details
See Menu Item Manager: New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types, including Details, Link Type Options, Page Display Options, Metadata Options, and Module Assignments for this Menu Item.
See Contact Category: Column headers for help on fields common to Category and Categories such as List Layouts, Integration Options and others.
The Categories Options control the way categories information is displayed in the layout. Things that you can modify are:
- Top Level Category Description. Show description of the top level category or override it with text you input in the text box. In case you change your mind you can always hide the description.
- Subcategory Levels. You can either show or hide subcategory levels. Its totally up to you.
- Empty Categories. You can show either show or hide empty categories. Empty categories are the ones that have no subcategories or have no contacts in them.
- Subcategories Descriptions. You can either show or hide subcategories description.
- Contacts in Category. You can either show or hide number of contacts in a category.
See Contact Category: Category Options for help on this field
Contact Display Options
Lets you control which contact's information to display, which information is going to be shown to your user.
- Show Contact Form. You can choose whether you want to show contact form.
- Send Copy to Submitter. You can choose whether you prefer that a copy is sent to submitter.
- Banned Email. You can add some email addresses which will not be able to submit this form.
- Banned Subject.
- Banned Text
- Session Check
- Custom Reply
- Contact Redirect
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.