Help31:Menus Menu Item Text Separator
How To Access
To create a new Text Separator Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Text Separator Menu Item link under System Links.
To edit an existing Text Separator Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to provide, a way to separate different links, give a title to a group of links, or provide a description before each link. See the Front End Example.
Module Assignments Tab
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- It is possible to use an image as a Text Separator. A Menu Title is required. To use only image as a separator, Menu Title can be a "space".