How to Access
Used to view a list of existing Banner Categories, edit current and create new Banner Categories. Note that Banner Categories are separate from other Categories, such as for Articles, Contacts, News Feeds, and Web Links. There must be at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before a Banner can be created.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Ordering. Up-Down Arrows User specified ordering, default is order of item creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Access. The viewing level access for this item.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Filter by Partial Title
Search Title In the upper left is a filter or search field and two buttons, as shown below.
- To filter in title, enter part of the title and click Search.
- Click X to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Filter by Max Levels, State, Access or Language
Above the column headers on the right, there are 3 drop down input fields, Sort Table by: (preset to Ordering), Select the ordering (preset to Ascending) and a number (preset to 20) to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Ordering (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.
- Ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new banner category.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected banner category. If more than one banner category is selected (where applicable), only the first banner category will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the banner category.
- Publish. Makes the selected banner categories available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected banner categories unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected banner categories to indicate that they are archived. Archived banner categories can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banner categories to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check In. Checks-in the selected banner categories. Works with one or multiple banner categories selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected banner categories to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed banner categories can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banner categories to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed banner categories, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the banner categories to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon. Note: Only empty banner categories can be trashed.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected banner category. Works with one or multiple banner category selected.
- Rebuild. Reconstructs and refreshes the banner category table. Normally, you do not need to rebuild this table. This function is provided in case the data in the table becomes corrupted.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Access the batch processing modal window by clicking the batch processing icon in the toolbar:
- Set Access Level. Use this drop-down list to select an access level.
- Set Language. Use this drop-down list to select a language.
- Add Tag. Use this field to add a pre-existing tag to all items.
- Select Category for Move/Copy. Use this drop-down list to select a category to move or copy the selected categories to. Use the radio button to select either a move or copy operation.
- Process. Press this button to execute your batch processing settings for the selected categories.
- You must add at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before you can add a Banner.