| || |
At the top
right you will see the toolbar: |+|
At the top you will see the toolbar:
| || |
Revision as of 10:49, 5 January 2013
The Web Links Category Manager allows you to manage categories that can be used to classify Web Links.
How to Access
Select Components → Weblinks → Categories from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel, or select the "Categories" link on the Web Links Manager screen.
The Web Links Category Manager is where you can edit existing Web Links Categories and create new ones. Note that Web Links Categories are separate from other Categories, such as Categories for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and Contacts. From this screen, you can also navigate to the Web Links Manager screen.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Ordering. Up-Down Arrows User specified ordering, default is order of item creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.
- Access. The viewing level access for this item.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Filter by Partial Title
Filter by Max Levels, State, Access and Language
In the upper right area, above the column headings, are 3 drop-down list boxes as shown below:
The selections may be combined. Only items matching all selections will be displayed in the list. Chunk30:Listfiltering Chunk30:Listfiltering Chunk30:Listfiltering Chunk30:Listfiltering
Number of Items to Display
Below the list you'll find:
Chunk30:Help screen list Display Count
Batch process the selected categories
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new web link category.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected web link category. If more than one web link category is selected (where applicable), only the first web link category will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the web link category.
- Publish. Makes the selected web link categories available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected web link categories unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected web link categories to indicate that they are archived. Archived web link categories can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the web link categories to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check In. Checks-in the selected web link categories. Works with one or multiple web link categories selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected web link categories to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed web link categories can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the web link categories to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed web link categories, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the web link categories to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Rebuild. Reconstructs and refreshes the web link category table. Normally, you do not need to rebuild this table. This function is provided in case the data in the table becomes corrupted.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
"Web Links" / "Categories" Links
At the top left, above the Filter, you will see two links as shown below:
- Web Links. Press this link to go to the Web Links Manager page.
- Categories This link is disabled, since we are already in the Categories page.
See Weblinks Component's Options.