This article is about Mediawiki. For the Joomla! online help, see Help screens
This page and the contents of the Help namespace cover the Wiki software used on this server: Mediawiki.
If you are new to Wikis and MediaWiki in particular then you should consult the official Mediawiki Handbook for information on using this wiki. Users of other wikis (e.g. DokuWiki/JD-Wiki) should make themself familiar with the slightly different text formatting and wikitext syntax.
Please read the Joomla! Editorial Style Guide and have a look at our list of Words to Watch.
- List of local wiki templates that can be used in your wiki pages. Templates reduce repetition and are the basis of modular documentation.
- List of local wiki extensions that have been installed on this wiki. Extensions provide additionally functionality to the wiki such as syntax highlighting and conditional expressions.
- List of local interwiki links that are available on this wiki. These provide useful shortcuts to creating URLs to other websites including the Joomla! forum, help screens and issue tracker; as well as links to the PHP documentation or Wikipedia.
- Talk pages: Every article and each user has an associated page where messages can be left. These are separate namespaces, "Talk:" and "User talk:". Anonymous users have been disabled on this wiki.
- Message notification: user gets a "You have new messages" notice if someone else has edited their user discussion page
- Automatic signature: Just type three tildes (~) when you edit, and on saving the page, it will be replaced with your user name and a link to your user page. If you use four tildes, the current date will be added as well. Mainly intended for Talk pages.
- Support for emailing users through the wiki (email address not shown to the user)